You are eligible to apply if you:
- Are a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or eligible for a work permit.
- Have completed a post-secondary program within the last 36 months.
The PEI Public Service Commission is committed to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and Accessibility. Our goal is to build a public sector workforce that reflects the diverse communities we serve and to promote welcoming, diverse, inclusive, respectful workplaces that are accessible to all. We welcome all interested individuals including Indigenous People, persons with disabilities, Black, racialized, ethnic and culturally diverse groups, as well as people regardless of their sexual orientation, gender identities, and gender expressions. Those looking for more information are invited to visit our Diversity and Inclusion Policy.
Internships are for one-year temporary assignments. All internship applications are currently closed.
Please visit www.jobspei.ca for other opportunities.
Internships will be for one-year temporary assignments starting in May 2024.
The Government of PEI Internship Program is designed to support a centralized, cohort approach to on-boarding and professional development. Participants can expect:
- Extensive training and professional development opportunities;
- Access to peer guidance and career support;
- Opportunity to network with others in the public service;
- Connecting and engaging with a cohort of professionals; and
- Ability to apply for internal job competitions after 1 year of continuous service.
Learn more about Government departments and agencies:
- Economic Development Innovation and Trade
- Education and Early Years
- Environment, Energy and Climate Action
- Fisheries, Tourism, Sport & Culture
- Health and Wellness
- Housing, Land and Communities
- Justice and Public Safety
- Public Service Commission
- Social Development and Seniors
- Transportation and Infrastructure
- Workforce, Advanced Learning and Population
When completing the online application, you will provide information about your education, references, and describe your relevant experience. Please ensure that your resume includes all relevant education information, work experience, training and certifications. You may also indicate if there are any areas of government that are of interest.
Please note that reference checks will be completed as part of the screening process and does not mean that employment has been secured.
If you meet the qualifications and are selected for an interview, a staffing consultant will be in touch within 2-3 weeks after the job ad closes.
Julie MacKay, Program Officer Intern with SkillsPEI
Ruth Cano, Marketing and Communications intern at BioFoodTech.
Benjamin Morrissey, Policy Officer Intern