Here you will find answers to common questions about the jobs on this site and submitting applications.Didn't find your answer? Please contact the PEI Public Service Commission at 902-368-4080
Yes, all PEI Public Service employment opportunities that are open to the public, as well as those that are open to current employees as outlined in the respective collective agreements, are posted to this website.
You can request a PQ (Position Questionnaire) with in depth details on the job posting.
If you are experiencing any issues, the recommended browsers for viewing the job listings under Jobs PEI are:
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
Check your phone settings to ensure the Pop-Up Blocker is not activated
To retrieve your password and access your account:
- Go to the Sign In page and Click Forgot Password
- Enter your Username and Click Continue
- Answer your security question and click Email New Password
- An email containing a temporary password will be sent to the email address associated with the Username
- Use the temporary password to sign into your account, you will then be prompted to enter and confirm new password
- Go to the Sign In page and Click Forgot Username
- Enter your email address and Click Email Username
- Your Username will be emailed to the email address you have entered, if it is the valid email address associated with the Username. Check your email for the requested information.
After you apply you will receive an email confirming receipt of your application. In the event you do not receive an email confirmation, be sure to follow up with the PEI Public Service Commission at 902-368-4080 prior to the closing date to ensure receipt of your application.
- Navigate to Jobs PEI
- If you are not an employee of the Province of Prince Edward Island, click into Jobs Open to the Public in the sector that you applied to. If you are an employee of the Province of Prince Edward Island, you have the option to click into either Jobs Open to Public or Jobs Open to Employees.
- Sign into your account and click on My Job Applications. You will find any resume or cover letters you have uploaded on this page.
Please contact the PEI Public Service Commission at 902-368-4080 to update any information that was previously submitted for a particular job.
If you have applied for the competition in a previous round and the competition is being reposted, your application will automatically get pushed through to the next round. If there are changes to your application since you last applied, please contact the PEI Public Service Commission at 902-368-4080 to arrange to provide the updated information.
Contact the PEI Public Service Commission at 902-368-4080 for a copy of a job posting after a competition has closed as it will no longer be available online.
- Navigate to Jobs PEI
- If you are not an employee of the Province of Prince Edward Island, click into Jobs Open to the Public. If you are an employee of the Province of Prince Edward Island, you have the option to click into either Jobs Open to Public or Jobs Open to Employees.
- Create an account or sign into your account and click view all jobs
- At the bottom of the page click on the link “Apply Without a Job”
- Complete and Submit the application
- While completing the applications, the system will save the information that has been entered to date, and you can return to complete the job application at any time.
- If you are in the process of completing the application and you are interrupted, the application will time out after 20 mins and will save what has been entered to date. Once the application has timed out, you will be redirected back to the Jobs PEI. Once you sign back in and locate the job you were applying for, click on “Apply for Job” and you will be redirected back to where you left off in the job application.
If you are an employee in more than one sector, you should have a separate account for each sector. For example, if you are an employee with Health PEI, and also an employee with the PEI Civil Sector, you should create an employee account with each sector using the employee ID applicable to the sector. When applying for jobs, use the account with the appropriate employee ID for the job which you are applying to.