Read the Union of Public Sector Employees Collective Agreement. [PDF]
Benefits of Employment:
Click the menu items below to read some of the great benefits that you may be eligible for as a Government of PEI employee
Flexible work arrangements are available to employees, to modify a daily/weekly work schedule with a flexible work plan to accommodate work/life requirements, when possible.
An employee may be approved to carry out some or all of their duties from an approved remote work site (i.e. their home or another remote office location).
- your career average salary at date of termination;
- your total pensionable service at date of termination; and
- the rate at which your pension grows (ie. accrual rate) with each year of service
- Civil Defence Training (Leave with pay for up to one week to take Civil Defense Training and no more than 4 weeks without pay to take Reserve Military Training).
- Maternity/Parental Benefits (Leave of absence without pay for a period up to 52 consecutive weeks for the birth or adoption of a child. Top up for up to 15 weeks for 85% of salary to eligible employees).
- Personal Leave (Leave of Absence without pay for a period of two (2) years).
- Disability Leave (Leave of Absence without pay upon the expiry of injury on duty leave and/or sick leave to a maximum of twelve (12) months).
- Court Appearances (Leave of Absence with pay for an employee other than an employee on a Leave of Absence without pay to serve as juror or is subpoenaed as a witness except in the employee’s or employee’s family private affairs except where the employee must attend in the situation of family violence).
- Bereavement (Five days of paid leave for the death of an employee’s parent, natural parent, guardian, foster parent, step parent, spouse, child, stepchild, grandchild or ward of the employee) (Three days of paid leave for the death of the employee’s brother, sister, grandparent, great grand parent, mother-in-law, daughter-in-law, son-in-law, sister-in-law, brother-in-law or any relative permanently residing the employee);
- Family Medical Needs (5 days per fiscal to provide for the medical needs of a member of the employee’s immediate family plus 2 days per fiscal to provide transportation for hospital, medical and dental appointments);
- Other Leave – (donating Blood, plasma or other blood products at a blood doner’s clinic, health laboratory of plasma collection centre);
- Deferred Salary Plan, Income Averaging Plan and Reduction in Hours Work Plan.
- align learning at the individual/small group level, department level and corporate level with that of the strategic direction of the organization;
- align learning at the individual level with that of the individual performance management plan;
- provide accessible learning opportunities both internal and external to the organization addressing the needs of the individual/small group, department, and corporation;
- provide a balance of relevant formal, informal, and collaborative opportunities for learning
- develop internal programs and engage external providers which gives due consideration to learning styles and delivery methods;
- New Year’s Day
- Islander Day
- Good Friday
- Easter Monday
- Victoria Day
- Canada Day
- August Civic Holiday
- Labor Day
- National Day for Truth & Reconciliation
- Thanksgiving Day
- Remembrance Day
- Christmas Eve (4 hours)
- Christmas Day
- Boxing Day
- Public Service Week is an annual opportunity for the entire Civil Public Service to celebrate service excellence.
- Long Term Service Awards is an award consisting of a recognition gift and a certificate granted to eligible employees who have completed 20, 25, 30, 35 or 40 years of continuous service.
- Everyday recognition is encouraged in all departments!